The E2CF is an IDEX 3D printer optimized for 3D printing carbon fiber reinforced filaments. This desktop 3D printer is excellent for manufacturing, prototyping, and more.
Carbon fiber reinforced filament has low density, high strength, and it is resistant to corrosion, static electricity, and high temperature. It has potential for a wide range of applications within industries that need considerable strength-to-weight ratio in their solutions, such as the aviation industry and the automotive world. The E2CF is durable, user-friendly, and stable while in operation, delivering accurate prints.
Nozzles with High Durability
The new silicon carbide nozzles have excellent wear resistance and thermal conductivity, which will effectively lessen the abrasion the carbon fiber composite filament subjects the nozzle to when printing, making the nozzle more durable.
*Nozzles made of other materials suitable for printing carbon fiber filaments will be launched in the future.
Engineered to 3D Print using Various Fiber-Reinforced Filaments
E2CF is compatible with fiber-reinforced PLA/ ABS/ Nylon/ PET/ PPS as well as with other filaments. In addition, we will continue to launch more third-party fiber-reinforced filaments suitable for E2CF as part of the Raise3D OFP project.
*E2CF only supports authorized filaments and printing profiles. For the full list, please contact Raise3D.
- Raise3D Industrial filaments show excellent rigidity and strength, heat resistance, low warpage, and low water absorption, with an outstanding strength-to-weight ratio.
- Suitable to replace metal in the manufacturing of certain lightweight components.
- Some fiber-reinforced filaments, such as Nylon and PET, exhibit enhanced mechanical properties and dimensional stability after annealing.
Easily Removable Support Filament
- Creates a stable support structure, provides proper adhesion to printed surfaces and counteracts any tendency to warp.
- Can be easily removed or broken away from the printed parts.
- Significantly improves the surface quality of the overhangs and hollows of the printed items.
- Exhibits a broad compatibility with many high-performance fiber-reinforced composite filaments.
- More cost-effective compared with water-soluble support material.
ideaMaker Slicing Profiles
The E2CF has slicing profiles that have been repeatedly tested and verified by our engineers in ideaMaker. There is no need to adjust the parameters before printing. Enjoy easy and high-quality printing.
Like other Raise3D products, the E2CF can carry out mass production and intelligent management using ideaMaker as the core software solution.
Carbon fiber composite materials have many applications, including functional prototypes, aerospace, automotive, medical, sports equipment, civil engineering, electronics, and other fields. It also has the further potential for a variety of uses, such as fixtures in a mechanical workshop, prosthetics, and customized bicycle frames.